Saturday, February 21, 2015

You Did It

You did it. You found another blog. Another rambling of a human sent out into the world at random, hoping for those late night internet wanderers may stumble upon it. But let's get to the point shall we?

I am a nerd. A typical nerd. Sci-fi. fantasy, the whole shabang. Now, I don't have my PhD in microbiology or anything. In fact, I'm just a Digital Media student with a hope and dream for being a concept artist one day. The chances? Low.

But this blog will be primarily focused on encounters. Primarily encounters of the nerd kind. I may wander into another area sometimes but who knows? Not me. But what are my credentials? Why should I be the one to whom you come for your nerd news and what not? Because I'm the best. Simply put. The end.

I suppose I will give you a few of my accolades. That may be too strong a word. It implies that my work has been awarded. It hasn't. But fortune favors the bold! I am a semi-professional Pokemon Trainer. Basically, I get paid to EV and IV train Pokemon. I am an avid Legend of Zelda player. I've beaten every LOZ game they're has been and I eagerly anticipate the upcoming game for the Wii U. I am a cosplayer, a writer, and a few other things that I think lends me a little more ethos than the COD player you live next door to. So before you strangle me for ending my sentences with prepositions, I'd like to begin my first real post. Why is this blog called Second Windz?

Primarily because 'Second Winds,' 'Second Wind,' and 'The Second Wind' were all taken. So I went back to the 90's and borrowed a 'z' to pluralize my title. Second Wind is taken from the game Borderlands in which the player, once her/his shield and health has been sapped, you enter a state called "Fight for your Life!" In this state, you cannot move very fast, you cannot aim, but you can shoot. If you kill someone, you get a second wind and can once again move about and shoot and throw gurnades. (Grenades.)

I tried starting a blog already. It failed. So I took my time. I couldn't move, aim, or throw gurnades. But I could still try. So I did. I'm excited to post my first post. Hope you all enjoy!

I love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment